1. Regulations of the loss of books:
A. Books of original versions: replacement copies should be identical with the original versions. The title, author, place of publication, publisher, ISBN, publication year (can be different number of times of printing) must be same.
Ordinary Chinese books: 4-10 times of the original price according to the number of copies (2 times of the original price for the books of I and TP). 3-5 times of the total price for set books with multiple volumes (no matter how many copies are lost). 10-20 times of the original price according to the number of copies for rare and unique books.
Foreign language books: 4-10 times of the original price according to the number of copies.
2. Regulations of the loss of journals:
A. Chinese journals: Published in the present year: the loss of a single volume should be compensated by the sum of all issues of the year. Bound volumes: 5 times of the total price.
B. Foreign journals: duplicates for compensation and a ¥20.00 fine. If the duplicate cannot be provided, 10 times of the original price should be paid.
3. Before borrowing new books, readers should check carefully if the book is damaged, missing pages, has drawing circles, stains or watermarks, then report to the librarian to deal with first.
A. Erase the pencil marks by yourself.
B. Books with pen or ballpoint pen marks shall be compensated by yourself and a fine of ¥0.50 per page is charged. If the damages are severe, you must replace the book with the original version. The regulations of the loss of books apply for the situation when the original version cannot be provided.
4. If books or journals are torn up, compensation shall be made depending on the seriousness of the case.
5. If books or journals are stolen, once discovered, a fine of at least ¥300.00 or 50 times of the original price should be paid and the superior management departments shall be notified.
6. If lost books are found after the payment of reparation by cash, the reparation can be refunded in the situation that the book has not been cancelled by our library.
7. Make the compensation at the Library Card Application Desk on the third floor of the main-campus library (every Monday and Friday, bank card only for the reparations for books).